Saturday, October 9, 2010

We have arrived in Prague!

Our trip to Prague was not too eventful, but it was interesting in a weird way.  As Sean pulls us up to our airline at LAX  as we are arriving he says, hey isn't that Cardinal Mahoney in front of us?  Sure enough it was ,but he didn't have his pink hat on that day.  I prided myself on packing really light so we could carry our bags on all the way to Prague,but was way layed by the agent at Lufthansa because it was a full flight and they only allowed carry ons that were 17 lbs. They weighed both of our carry ons and mine was 26 lbs and
Dicks was 29 lbs......so we had to check our luggage!  I could not even pay for the extra poundage!  I was so bummed!  Well so much for all that expensive compact luggage I bought!
Another strange thing that happened is that Dick got on the plane without me!  In 49 years of marriage he has never done that before!  I was on the phone with Dave as we were starting to board, when I finished I looked around and there was no husband in sight. I panicked for a minute, I thought he has been kidnapped, no he is in the bathroom......oh hell I will check to see if he boarded, sure enough he did!  When I finally caught up with him he said... Oh hi!
We are staying in a lovely B&B in Prague recommended by our daughter Karen.  The woman who owns it has daughter that lives in Sonoma  We have the whole 3rd floor of her home which is clean and very roomy, kind of like having our own little apartment.  She is a great cook and makes all of her own pastries  She even gave us food to pack our own picnic lunch today. She gave us bus tickets and told us how to find our way into the city on our own, which we did today.
I have to say Prague is one amazing city!  It is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! It is really well preserved, even though it was one of the few cities that was not bombed during World War II. The architecture and the churches are exquisite! There were thousands of people walking in the Old Town tonight including tons of Scottish Soccer players in their Kilts.  It seems Scotland played the Czechs today and lost!
We went to the National Theater today and bought Opera tickets for tomorrow night...it should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom!
    Happy to hear you are being well cared-for in Prague. Maybe you should stay longer? We had a great time in Yosemite with Sean, Inez, Karen, Jack and Stephan- warm days and nights. Sean, Inez, and Stephan made it to the top of Half Dome!
    Can't wait to hear the next installment!
    Love,
    Diane, Bob and Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. grandma!!!i like the picture of grandpa when hes next to the fountain..it looks like he smelled something really bad!!!
    <3 kiara

    ReplyDelete